cw: mental health, disordered eating mention
My homework from my therapy session last week (which is due tomorrow, whoops) is to create a list of the five things I’d like to focus on in therapy going forward. I’ve been seeing my therapist every week for almost three years, and we’re doing a checkpoint. When he assigned this to me last week, I told him I suspected that the things I actually need to work on are the things I don’t think are important, so let’s see how thsi list goes. 🙃
- Believing that I’m good at things without receiving external validation.
- Determining what habits and activities keep my mental health good and how to keep doing them. Conversely, determining what actually hurts my mental health and avoiding it.
- Weakening my trauma responses to certain stimuli.
- Any kind of noticable breakthrough in my disordered eating. Knowing why I’m like this hasn’t helped. Let’s figure out a measurable goal.
- Being able to accurately detect and label emotions like happiness, contentment, and calm; instead of jumping to labeling how I feel as anxious, depressed, or sad.
Idk if that’s the final order, but those are my five.